Fashion Styles For Tall Women
There are many different types of tall women, long legged, long bodied, slim, hourglass; and it’s important to work out what your specific shape is – if you do not already know. Often tall women get labeled as one particular category, which can be frustrating and very confusing when it comes to creating a wardrobe.
Keep these simple rules in mind:
– create layers to help balance your figure, for example, if you have a smaller bust, adding ruffle details and higher necklines will keep you in proportion, or if you have an undefined waist pop on a layered high waisted skirt and a belt to cinch you in and mimic curves
– long bodies require shorter top lines and high waist lines, long legs need longer top lines and lower waist lines; so if you have a longer body than legs, invest in 50s style dresses and styles, but longer legs can layer long tops over jeans for a trendy day look
– the larger your bones, the bigger your jewelery; look at pictures of yourself in different kinds of jewelery, dainty and chunky, and decide which makes you look more in proportion, as well as which makes you look more like ‘you’
– tall women are really the only ones who can pull off couture looks and extraordinary shapes – oversized clothing looks awesome on taller ladies, as do short haircuts, bold stripe prints, printed tights, rompers / playsuits
Not only should you take your shape into consideration, but you bought to develop your own individual clothing style and taste – whether that’s a slightly androgynous, boyish look or a super sexy Amazonian style.
Essential items for any tall woman’s wardrobe:
– skinny, straight leg or slim boot cut jeans – a good fitting pair of jeans is a casual day staple, you can pair them with anything, and inject your own style personality when choosing them too
– well fitted jacket or coat – one of the secrets of the stars is a good fitting coat, no matter what shape
– waist belt – this is essential for helping define your shape, and adding curves to a tall frame
– scarves – any kind of scarves will do, but for those with a small chest, this is the best accessory to own for quickly adding a touch of glamor and making you look in proportion
– dresses – any girls best friend is a beautiful dress, but tall girls require a few of these in their wardrobes to help them look feminine and flirty – there are several style which look great, try on all sorts to find one that really looks great on your particular body, halter, tshirt, oversized, fitted, bodycon, maxi, a-line, princess cut …
– flats – pretty and comfortable ballerinas are the most important addition to your closet, as they will be perfect for everyday wear and will go with anything if you have them in a few different colors.
Check out photos of these female celebrities over 5’10 “for inspiration and ideas:
Blake Lively, Sophie Dahl, Nicole Kidman, Liv Tyler, Jodie Kidd, Elle Macpherson, Mandy Moore, Cameron Diaz, Rihanna, Queen Latifah, Elizabeth Jagger, Joss Stone, Claudia Schiffer, Christy Turlington, Geena Davis, Eleanor Roosevelt, Julia Child, Princess Diana, Erin O’Connor